Saturday, December 5, 2009

Basketball

Today was the first day of basketball for Jarren and Maya. Jason is coaching both teams, we'll see how that goes. After the second game his throat was hurting pretty bad. Try talking over bouncing basketballs and noisy 5 and 7 year olds, plus noisy fans for 2 hours.


This is Jarren's 3rd year and he was totally excited. Although we will need to work on the pride factor with him. He thinks his team is definitely the best, as far as basketball skill is concerned. His game was at 8am, so just Jarren and Jason went. I'll try to get pictures next week.

Maya was excited, but a little bit nervous. She didn't want me or grandparents to go because she doesn't like people she knows to watch her; it makes her more nervous. I told her I could just hide my eyes sometimes. I guess that made it okay. Maya stayed pretty close to Jason during the game, but she played. She dribbled a little and she even shot the ball once. I was so proud of her! On our way home she said, "I love basketball!"




2 comments:

Kaarina said...

Um, is there a good reason you can't get your 5 kids and yourself ready and out of the house on time for an 8am game? Really? 8:00 a.m. games should be illegal - seriously :)

Ashley said...

She looks like she is getting even taller!! Nice work Maya!