Saturday, November 24, 2012

October



So I have to admit, Halloween is not my favorite holiday.  I think it's silly to spend a bunch of money on costumes that get worn for such a short amount of time.  And then it's such a pain getting them all dressed up.  So I guess with that being said you might think I'm a Halloween Scrooge when I admit that after a few days of hiding candy, getting candy bags out multiple times a day and seeing candy constantly in my kids mouths, I offered to buy each one of my kids candy bags.  I told them they could keep 10 candies, but that I would pay them for the rest.  Surprisingly, all of the kids took me up on my offer, even Jarren, who last year had his bag of candy gone in 2 days.


After Brock wore his costume for a Halloween party, we realized his costume glowed in the dark.
 

Princess Snow White!
 
 
Kate started out being Arial for the first few parties, but by Halloween she changed her mind and was Super Girl!
 
We didn't have time to carve pumpkins before Halloween, which really bothered Maya, but we eventually were able to do it a few days after.  The older 3 kids wanted to "gut" them.  I was able to talk Kate and Halle into just painting theirs.

 

 
Yes, Halle's finger is up her nose. :)
 
 
One of my painters, bless her heart.
 
 
Jarren and his Cyclops pumpkin.

1 comment:

hharding said...

So, I loved all your kids costumes, but Brock's is just too cute! I just love his cute little face:)