Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Karli's First Haircut

Last night I was gone to a church activity and I came home to find something surprising in the garbage can.

It's hair. It almost made me sick when I saw it. By the color of it I knew that it wasn't Maya's, so it had to be either Karli's or Kate's. Karli was the only one awake, so I hurried into her room and sure enough it was hers. My sweet little Maya decided to give her a haircut while mom was gone; how thoughtful!! She cut a lot from the top, so now she barely has any bangs, and there isn't enough for ponytails on top. Luckily there's just barely enough in the front that I can put a clip in, however, her hair is so fine that within a few minutes of the clip being in, it slides out. Oh well, at least it will grow back.




4 comments:

Jennisa said...

OH NO! That is not something you want to come home to! Oh well, with that beautiful smile, no one will notice the hair missing from her head! :)

The Robinsons said...

Maya is going to make a great mom! Would she come and cut the boys hair for me, I just can't find the time! How much do you think she will charge? - Memories!
Thanks, Heather

Nicole said...

Oh my! Well, isn't she a little helper! Have to wonder what Dad/or sitter was doing! : ) I'm sure we'll have our turn too with the "first" haircut. Although I still have my Miriam convinced that she cannot use scissors unsupervised until she is a Mommy!

Jody said...

I guess it was bound to happen sometime. :) I remember cutting my sister's hair growing up and I also remember cutting my own bangs right up to the scalp. I thought I looked so pretty!