Monday, August 4, 2008

Camping




We went on our first family camping trip this past week, and it was so much fun. For most people the words Robinson and camping don't really belong in the same sentence. But we did it! We went with some families from our ward from church. The kids had a ball just running around and playing. Maya and Karli were content to just play with each other, even though there were plenty of other kids their ages to play with. Maya and Karli were filthy by the end of the first day. I caught them throwing dirt at each other, then Maya would pour dirt on Karli's arm and rub it it. I should have taken a picture of how dirty they were. I was pretty proud of myself for not wiping them off until it was time to eat and at bedtime (That's pretty good for the germ nut). Jason had fun playing baseball and horseshoes. I enjoyed having other adults to just sit and visit with. We went to a waterfall on Friday and Saturday, it was so pretty. Everybody but me and Kate had fun getting in the water. The camping trip was so fun, I think we'll probably do it again next year.


2 comments:

Jennisa said...

What fun! Jarren and Maya look the same size! I bet you get asked a lot if they are twins! :) ha ha!!!

Camping would be a big stretch for me too. Kudos to you for doing it!

Nicole said...

Good for you, camping! And NOT cleaning up the kids. I had a moment like that myself the other day when my son had sand in his ears, hair, and pretty much everywhere, and I managed NOT to panic/wipe him off until it was time to eat. I also say yeah for you for camping. Morris' and camping are not synonymous at our house either. Take care and enjoy the rest of the summer!