Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Days of School


Jarren started 1st grade yesterday. His school is brand new and it is looks amazing!! It was a little hard for me to leave him at school, but I did it. When he got home and told grandma about his day, and how long the day was, she asked him if he was going to make it, and his response was "I don't think so". I guess it's going to take some time to get used to not being in half day kindergarten anymore and being in all day 1st grade. His favorite parts of the day were going out for recess and eating his Lunchables for lunch.



Maya started her 3rd year of preschool today. She has been counting down for the last month. She has the same teacher this year and Maya absolutely adores her. We have been talking about how she would have some new friends in her class this year, and I mentioned that there would be boys. When I mentioned this she said, "Boys are stinky." I couldn't believe she said that, it totally cracked me up. I don't know who she heard it from, but it was funny. Tonight when she was going to bed I asked her what her favorite part of the day was. She said, "School." I then asked her what part of school and she said everything. Thank you Teacher Ashley!



1 comment:

The Robinsons said...

Madison had a hard time adjusting to the long hours of school, but she loved it when she realized she was there with all her friends!
Keep reminding Maya that boys are stinky!