Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cruise



Jason and I have been married for 8 1/2 years and we've never been on a trip by ourselves. We decided to change that this past week. Jason and I went on a cruise to the Bahamas. We left last Sunday and got back late Friday night. It was awesome!! We had so much fun! We are very grateful for both of our parents, especially our moms for taking care of our kids while we were away. It was a great blessing knowing they were in good hands!


We started our trip in Miami, and it was cold. It was nice to know the cold weather started the day we got there. Oh well.


We spent a day in Nassau, Bahamas. While there we got to see Atlantis, it was pretty amazing. I couldn't believe how big the resort is. At Atlantis we went to an aquarium and the beach. Jason enjoyed being in the water, I was content to just wade in because the water was so cold.






The next day we went to a private island in the Bahamas, called Cococay. We started the day kayaking (it was my favorite activity we did on our trip). The water was so pretty and clear. We saw Sting Rays, Star Fish, Sea Cucumbers, and a few other things. It was so much fun working together and getting the kayak to move where we needed it to. Our plan was to snorkel next, but it was so cold and windy that only Jason went. I sat on the beach wrapped up in 2 towels, to keep warm. Jason had fun snorkeling he saw a lot of fish and even a manatee.



We then went to Key West, Florida. I loved seeing all the different kinds of houses they have there. We went on a sightseeing trip of the town, which was cool. Again, Jason wanted to go snorkeling, but it was too windy, they wouldn't take anybody out in the water. Sorry, Jason!


After our cruise was over we had some extra time in Florida before our plane left, so we decided to go on a tour of the Everglades and see alligators. It was so much fun riding in an airboat and seeing quite a few alligators, including a mom and her 4-5 babies. Jason even got to hold an alligator, I couldn't even touch it, let alone hold it. In fact, the tour guide walked past me and rubbed a little alligator against my arm and I totally freaked out. I started screaming and grabbing hold of the guy sitting next to me. What a nerd, huh?



It was an awesome vacation! Jason and I had so much fun just being together!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Justin and I have never been away even for the night without kids. I hope you guys had a great time.

Jennisa said...

Looks like you guys had a fabulous time! How fun for you both to be away from the kiddos and just be the two of you! It's hard to remember what it was like before kids, isn't it? :)

Michelle Jensen said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun!!! That would be so awesome to go snorkeling and hold alligators. We have never done a cruise before but hopefully this year that will change.

Ashley said...

Glad you had such a fun trip! Maya was great while you were gone and told me about all her adventures with the Grandmas.

Kaarina said...

I can totally see you freaking out with that "alligator incident!" You are so funny! What an awesome trip! Sooo nice that you got some time with your hubby!

Meredith & Company said...

I guess I'm just catching back up...congrats on #5! I wish I could get brave enough to get beyond 2, but I'm not there yet. And, you have no idea how jealous I am about the french braid. We are just so grateful that Elise has hair at this point...let alone braids. And the cruise, well all I can say is jealous! Even with the wind and the cold, it still sounds wonderful to get away. Fun to catch up!

Unknown said...

How fun for you guys!! love catching back up with y'all through your blog :)