Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Maya!


Maya turned 6 last week. She has been so excited! The day after her birthday she asked me, "Mom, am I 6 1/2 now?" To her there is something special about that 1/2.

Maya is so funny. The only thing she wanted for her birthday was a gloworm. Halle had gotten one for Christmas and Maya kept taking it and sleeping with it. I figured that was an easy present to get her.


On the day of her birthday she got to go on a field trip with her kindergarten class to the aquarium. That was something that made her day extra special. Plus, she got to wear a crown there.


On the day of her family party she told me she wanted a zebra cake, I guess to match her zebra shirt (Thanks Maddie!). However, it was too late for me to try and do that, so she just got a chocolate cake.
When we sang to her this year she only hid her eyes rather than trying to hide her whole body from us like last year. What a shy girl she is, even with just family!

2 comments:

Chad said...

What? No zebra cake? Maya should revolt. Ha ha. You can make it up to me by making pudding delight. Yes, I said to me.

Ashley said...

She is getting so big! Happy Birthday Maya! Sounds like you had a great birthday and lots of fun celebrations! :) Miss you!