Sunday, June 29, 2008

Time Off

I feel like it has been forever since I last posted something. I taught a class at my sister-in-laws church this past week and it has taken up all of my free time it seems like for the past few weeks. It was a really good class for me to teach, it was about free and low cost activities for families to do here in our area. (If anybody that lives close wants a copy, just let me know and I'll e-mail it to you). I say it was a good class for me to teach because school has only been out for a few weeks and the kids have been driving me crazy. So it will be good for us to get away from the house a little bit more doing fun activities.

Since I haven't written for a while, I will give a few of the things that happened during that time.

-Maya got a new bright pink with sparkles ear mold for her hearing aid. She has been waiting for the last week or two to get it. And so she was very excited when it finally came.

-Jarren has spent almost all of his birthday money on Pokemon cards. He thinks these cards are great, and all the neighbor kids think its fun to look at them because he has so many. (My brother helped him out when he first started collecting them by giving him his collection of about 475 cards, lets just say the kids thought that was awesome!)

-Kate is getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth, every once in a while it makes her scoot backwards. Before we know it she will be crawling.

-I took the kids to a local candy factory this past week. We all thought it was neat, but I think I liked it the best. I love candy! I even got a 5 pound bag of candy for $1.99 (actually I bought 2 of them, aren't I terrible?)

-We went to a carnival with some friends last night and we were by a pony ride that Maya wanted to go on, but it was $3 per child, and times that by 3 kids and it was almost $10 for one little ride. Mean mom said "no". While Jason and I were talking to our friends about where we were going to go next the man in charge of the pony ride asked, "Is anyone missing a child?" I looked around and thought I had all of mine... oh wait...that is mine. It was Maya sitting up on top of a pony waiting for a ride. I have no idea how she got in there. What a good mom, letting her child get up on top of a pony, and not even know it.

-On Monday Jarren learned how to ride a 2 wheeler. I started out by trying to hold the back of the bike for him, but within about 30 seconds of that he said, "MOM, LET GO!" I got the picture, so I let go and down the sidewalk he went all by himself. I couldn't believe it, the first time he tried it, he did it without even falling. Way to go Jarren!

Here's a few pictures from the past few weeks.




3 comments:

Jennisa said...

They are all too too cute! :) I know how you feel about the kids driving you crazy...I can feel that way too (and I only have 2 kids)!

Wish you guys lived closer....gol, that would be so nice! :)

Nicole said...

Time goes by so fast! Your kids are adorable! I can just imagine Maya getting excited about the pink sparkly details for her hearing aid! Sounds like a girl thing to me! Bikes, swimming, it must be summer. Whew! And it's definitely nice to get out and be around adults sometimes too. I also only have 2-for now, as the third is coming this fall, but mine drive me a little batty sometimes too!

elizabeth said...

This is a great blog! I hope you'll consider adding it to the aggregator at Deaf Village (www.deafvillage.com) -- we'd love to have you as part of our community!