Monday, January 26, 2009

Birthday #2

Maya turned 5 this past week. I know, I can't believe it either. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. This lucky kid got to celebrate her birthday on 3 different days; her actual birthday, on Saturday with a friend birthday party and on Sunday with our family.

On her actual birthday she had to wait until Jason got home from work to open her presents, it was so hard for her to wait.

On Saturday, Jason and I were very brave. We had 13 little girls, plus our own kids for a birthday party at our house. Luckily my sweet sister was there to help us with a little crowd control. Imagine...16 kids ages 3-6 running around in your house screaming in excitement as little kids do. It was fun to watch them, but it was very loud. They all had a ton of fun, playing games, decorating cookies, eating cupcakes and just running around.



Yesterday was the family party. When I brought down the cake for her to blow the candles out she wouldn't even look at it. She was being shy (I know, it was a family party). I sat there waiting for her to blow the candles out, but then the candles started to catch the top of the merry-go-round cake on fire, so I ended up blowing them out for her.

This looks like it is Karli's birthday cake, no, it's Maya's. Karli is just posing while we are waiting for Maya to stop doing what she's doing in the picture above that one. Maya kept hiding her face until I took the cake upstairs and started cutting it.

4 comments:

The Robinsons said...

13!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

So fun to catch up with you and see your cute family through your blog! It was a great surprise to see your name in my comments. Looks like all is well for y'all!

We still have such fun memories of watching Jason play ball in SF! Does that seem forever ago or what??

Meredith & Company said...

Happy birthday to both of your birthday girls! I can't believe it was five and three years ago, respectively, that they were born. I remember coming to Karli's blessing. Crazy how fast the time goes.

So, some of yours and Jason's high school friends live in our ward. Jeff and Amy Wilkinson (not sure of the maiden name). Amy and I were sitting at ward basketball together the other night, and she mentioned she went to Taylorsville. Lo and behold, she knew both of you! It's a small world.

Good luck while Jason's out of town. It's never fun to be completely on your own!

Meredith & Company said...

I just discovered that you wrote that post LAST Monday about Jason being out of town. I think I'm trapped in a winter time warp. I can't wait for spring to get my head back together...