Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dancing Girl


Maya informed us a few months ago that she wanted to start dance. Well, we were lucky enough that there was an opening in the studio we wanted and so she was able to start today.


Last night she informed me that she didn't want to dance, she just wanted to watch. I told her we'd see today. Today I told her that she needed to go because her friend, Tierra, would be in her class. (But honestly, it was mostly because I'd already paid $42 for tap and ballet shoes. Shh, it's our little secret.)When we got to the dance place she was acting pretty excited, but she wouldn't go out there and dance with the other girls; she wanted to just stand by me. I told her that if she stood by me and did the steps she would get a treat at home, but if she went out and stood where she was supposed to she would get 2 treats at home. She chose to get 2 treats. However, her way of dealing with her shyness was by trying to put her hand over her face so that she couldn't see us and we couldn't see her. I wanted so bad to take a picture of her doing this, but I didn't think the teacher would have liked that distraction very much.


By the end of her hour lesson, I had left the room and just peaked in every now and again, and she was doing awesome. It looked like she was doing what the teacher wanted.


Way to go Maya!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

dance shoes have the added advantage of being lighter in weight than most conventional shoes (so that you work less while dancing) and more flexible (so that they form around your feet with less pressure than conventional footwear). They are also designed with more padding in the insole than many conventional shoes, so that your feet are comfortable dancing for longer.

Kaarina said...

She is so cute! That is so fun that she is taking dance, way to go Maya!

The Robinsons said...

Hmmm kinda sounds like someone I know - but she just didn't want to perform when the time came. I feel your frustration.

ShaRee said...

Hey Andrea! It's ShaRee Curtis from the old ward! Thanks for sending us your Christmas letter. It's taken me a while, but I've finally had time to check out your blog. Your family is so cute! I can't believe how big Jarren and Maya are! :) I enjoy blogging too so you'll have to check out ours when you get a chance sscurtis.blogspot.com It's good to be back in touch!